I think everyone heard already of this famous new show on Netflix. I finished watching it myself a few days ago and I absolutely loved it. Yes, the things that happened were terrible, but I really think you should watch this show and that’s why I’ll give you 13 reasons why you should watch this show!
For those who don’t know the show, this show is about a girl who committed suicide and just before her death she recorded tapes on which she explained why she killed herself.
It’s a very confronting show, but it’s also a very good one and that’s why I’ll explain why you should watch this.
- This show makes you realize that everyone could be the cause of someone’s death. And some of these people didn’t even realize they did something wrong, so be always careful with what you say, because you can always hurt someone close to you, even when you didn’t mean it.
- The “bad guys” aren’t always bad. Most of them are just like you and me. They are people and they make mistake. The people on this tape just made one big mistake…
- This show doesn’t sugarcoat Hannah’s death. Maybe you’re thinking: Why would that be a reason to watch this show? Well, death isn’t something to be sugarcoated and that’s why it is very important that this is so realistic. This show is very realistic and that’s what makes it so good. This show is about a serious subject and then there’s no reason at all to sugarcoat her death. (guys, I hope I use the word sugarcoat well, because I just read it online and because I’m foreign, I’ve never heard of it before… haha)
- This show will literally break your heart… I’m not going to say anything else about it, because I just can’t explain. These few words are more than enough.
- Sometimes we read about a suicide on social media and sometimes that makes you thinking: “why didn’t anyone notice she wanted to kill herself?” In this tv show, people also don’t notice, so it makes you realize that sometimes you just can’t see if someone is feeling miserable or if that person wants to kill herself. Yes, even after watching this show, I feel like some people have been so stupid for not seeing it, but then it makes me thinking… We already knew of course, when we started watching this show, we knew that she was already dead, so we may have seen the signs. These people apparently just can’t.
- While watching this show, you realize that good communication with your parents is very important. Sometimes they know something is wrong, but they don’t know exactly what to do about it. But parents always wants the best for you, so when something is troubling you, you should just talk with your parents. Keeping secrets can only cause more problems.
- The actress who plays Hannah Baker is amazing. Her name is Katherine Langford and I just can’t think of anyone else who could’ve played the role of Hannah Baker anything better. Apparently the producers thought the same, because she auditioned through Skype and she hadn’t even met the rest of the cast before rehearsals and filming. Oh and she’s from Australia by the way.
- This show makes you also realize how terrible it is for people to lose their child, friend or just a classmate. The impact this has is huge. Not only does everyone miss this person very much, but they’re also confronted with the things they’ve done wrong (in this case they have the tapes, but normally I would think that a lot of the people around the person who killed himself, blame themselves, they think they might’ve done something wrong and that they could’ve prevented it). But then there’s also this huge deal with cops and investigations. So let’s say if you killed yourself, you won’t just cause a lot of grief, but you might also cause a lot of problems.
- The opening credit is absolutely beautiful. It’s short, it’s artistic, it’s great…
- This show might also learn you to see whenever someone isn’t feeling well or is even thinking about killing themselves. So this is of course a must-watch if you feel like your child or friend or even sister is being bullied.
- Even a simple smile or hello can change someone’s day. Yes, these little things do matter.
- Selena Gomez created this show, so I think we all owe her a big thank you. As a kid she’d read the book and she loved it so much that she’d been trying to get it on the screen for a long time. To be honest, I hadn’t expect her this kind of person who read books…
- I don’t know any reason anymore, so my last one won’t be so serious. My last reason is: prove Clay that you did know the particular person was gay. Yeah, at one point someone confessed to Clay he was gay (yes, a he) and he was like: “what? I didn’t know? How could I have known?” And I was like: “Dude, how stupid are you? This was so obvious!” Yeah, anyway, just prove Clay you also realized this person was gay.
I know these 13 reasons are a mix of very serious reasons, but also some funny and happy reasons and that’s exactly why you should also watch this show. This show is very serious and that’s also why this show is so good, but this show is also in other ways very great and these are also the reasons why you should watch it.
Right now I think enough is said. Please let me know if you liked this show or not. 🙂